Not gonna make a long story of it.
But I understand why TransIp doesn't allow MultiCast (network, bandwidth, bad usage (spam etc)).
Problem is, it instantly means I have to move away from TransIp to Azure / AWS etc. While I really like TransIp as a Dutch host, to try stuff before going into the main.
Software like Unreal Engine needs it to do multi-user editing.. And my guess is there are more.
So please allow MultiCast, under one / multiple of the following conditions:
- The MultiCast protocol does not send more then X amount of data
- it has to be enabled manually
- No more then 50 IP addresses can connect (to prevent abuse).
- Give a warning that abuse, will mean that you come on the 'black list'
- Only allow certain ports to go through multicasting.