TransIP is searching for a new DevOps Engineer to ensure that our infrastructure and software deployments keep running as smooth as butter. Ever since we became part of team.blue our infrastructure has grown exponentially, as has our need for top-notch maintenance, security and innovation. That’s where you come in: together with Unit CoreTech you are always searching for new solutions to help maintain Europe’s biggest hosting platforms, and bring our customers the features that they want, quickly and reliably.
What will you do?
In addition to ensuring that our infrastructure and services are fast, secure and reliable, you will also contribute to some big and exciting projects we have planned for the coming year. For example:
- More automation and fireproofing our infrastructure to reduce toil and improve scalability.
- Revamp and improve our monitoring and alerting tools.
- Help us migrate to the next generation configuration management system.
Besides these projects and tasks, we also expect you to be able to cover second-line escalation support for our Continuity and PagerDuty shifts, which means you should be available to work outside of normal office hours.
What will you bring to the team?
In Unit CoreTech we are aiming for people that are flexible and eager to learn. We are going through some fast transitions and that means all team members should feel comfortable to adapt to new techniques and workflows. This willingness to learn and adapt does not mean that we’re searching for someone that is new to the game. On the contrary, we need someone with a solid understanding of the field. It would be great if you have the following skill sets:
- Proven hands-on experience with Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Experience in configuration management tools (preferably Puppet, Ansible is a plus).
- Experience with CI/CD tools (preferably GitLab runners).
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (KVM, Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes).
- Ability to develop Shell and Python scripts.
- 25 vacation days based on a 40-hour working week.
- A travel allowance based on the travel distance.
- A good pension.
- An affordable fitness subscription.
- Fresh fruit every day, but with a cookie jar within reach!
- Relaxation with a game of table football, Mario Kart or Fifa.
- Nice workplace with a beautiful view over Leiden.
- Personal training budget of € 2,500 per year.
- An extensive company restaurant with something for everyone: from a healthy sandwich to the soup of the day.
- Discount on company products such as a domain name, web hosting package and VPS.
- Friday digital afternoon drink!
About TransIP and team.blue
TransIP, founded in the Netherlands (2003) with now over one hundred employees, is convinced that everyone should move freely in the digital world. By providing resources to help making online dreams come true, TransIP has grown into the largest domain, hosting and VPS provider in the Benelux.
In 2019 the TransIP Group, together with the Belgian Combell Group and the Italian Register Group, formed team.blue. The combined company creates a new powerhouse in European tech and provides powerful digital enablement and presence tools for over two million SME customers in ten countries.
Let op: om te werken bij TransIP is een Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG) vereist.
Voor deze vacature wordt externe acquisitie niet op prijs gesteld.